Water Heater Rebate
Volunteer Energy Cooperative and TVA now offer a $30 credit toward the power bill for customers who replace their existing water heater with a more energy efficient electric model.
Credit will be offered if the new water heater:
- Is an electric model;
- Replaces an existing water heater;
- Has a tank with a capacity of at least 40 gallons;
- Is purchased and installed within 60 days of the submission of the water heater credit application;
- Meets Department of Energy minimum requirements, AND
- Is installed and operable at the location designated on the account (rental properties must have prior approval from VEC’s Marketing & Economic Development Department). The unit must be installed at a location served by the VEC electric system and is subject to a validation inspection by VEC and/or TVA.
To qualify, submit the water heater credit application to VEC within 60 days of the water heater purchase and include a copy of the sales receipt. If necessary include proof that the water heater is an electric model. The credit on your electric account will be applied once the validation is complete. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.