2017 VEC Board Elections
May 9, 2017
VEC is an electric cooperative that provides the opportunity for our members to serve on the Cooperative’s governing board. There are 12 board members who serve rotating terms to represent the various portions of the VEC service area. Each year three of these districts hold elections for those who are interested in representing their area on the VEC Board of Directors. This year (2017) Districts 3 – Hamilton County, District 4 – McMinn County, and District 7 – Roane and Loudon Counties will hold elections for their representative’s seat. Any VEC member who meets the qualifications of the VEC Bylaws as an eligible candidate can run for the Board. The VEC Bylaws can be accessed here.
Timeline for 2017 Board Elections
- Notice of directors to be elected in May edition of PowerLines and mailed April 16 – May 15.
- Election Packets available on or after May 26.
- Credentials Committee appointed on or before June 2.
- Credentials Committee certifies candidates June 3 – 12.
- Candidates will be featured in the August Powerlines which will be mailed July 16 – August 15.
- Ballots mailed by August 28.
- Ballots received by September 15.
- Election results presented to Chairman of Credentials Committee on or before September 28.
- Annual Meeting held on October 7.