Director of Human Resources
To submit a resume or inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Volunteer Energy Cooperative (VEC), a member-owned electric utility, seeks a highly motivated and dedicated individual for the position of Communications/Public Relations Coordinator in our Marketing/Economic Development Department in Decatur, TN.
The primary mission of the Communications/Public Relations Coordinator is to facilitate effective communications between the cooperative and its various constituencies. This person provides relevant information in a timely manner to internal and external publics through electronic media, publications, announcements, special events, and programs. The Communication/Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for an extensive list of youth programs sanctioned by the cooperative.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Disseminate information to members through the news media and cooperative publications, programs, brochures, and other media
- Manage electronic and social-media content
- Produce and present consumer-information programs to adult and youth audiences
- Serve as primary contact for youth programs and coordinate such programs, including but not limited to tours and visits, leadership activities, camps, and the VEC scholarship program
- Prepare advertising and marketing items for newspapers and radio stations
- Create and update the website with current information important to the public
- Convey the importance of electrical safety to internal and external publics through demonstrations, presentations, written and oral communications, and other methods.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in public relations/journalism/communications or five (5) years of closely related experience required.
- Demonstrated publication design skills and ability to write and effectively communicate in journalistic style.
- Demonstrated experience with website maintenance and social media.
- Ability to effectively operate digital cameras and audio-visual equipment.
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours, including nights and weekends, as necessary.
- Must relate well with internal and external customers and work as an effective team member.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, internet applications, and email.
- Excellent grammar skills. Ability to review written material for errors and omissions.
The deadline to submit a resume is Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Submit resumes to: Volunteer Energy Cooperative,
Attention: Human Resources,
P.O. Box 277
Decatur, TN. 37322
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. EOE/Drug Free Workplace.