Following CDC Guidelines Protecting Our Members and Employees
Currently, there have been no reported cases of the 2019 Coronavirus (COVD-19) in our service area. Still, the infection has been spreading in other parts of the world and is migrating within the United States. The extent and potential impact of the Coronavirus, in our area and on our business, is unknown at this time. However, Volunteer Energy Cooperative continues to monitor the situation closely. We will take the necessary precautions to protect our employees and the members we serve.
Following the CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, we encourage all our members to make payments using the SmartHub app, the web portal https://volunteer.smarthub.coop/, or by phone. You can pay using credit, debit, or check. If you need to pay by cash, we encourage you to use the drive-through at any of our locations. For each of these methods, you need your account number that is located on your bill. Using these procedures reduces possible exposure and spread of the virus.
All Volunteer Energy Cooperative Service Area Offices are open normal business hours.
We encourage all our members to follow the CDC recommendations:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using regular household detergent and water.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.